Fast Facts About Tamarac, FL
Population (2020): 71,897
- Margate, FL: 13 min
- North Lauderdale, FL: 8 min
- Sunrise, FL: 7 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $27,714
- Household: $51,799
County: Broward County
Type of location: city
Why is Tamarac, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Tamarac, FL puts you in the heart of a safe, family-friendly city that is diverse and full of attractions for everyone.
Part of the reason living in Tamarac, FL is so attractive is that there is a diversity of cultures that make up the population. You’ll get to partake in cultural offerings and food from many different nationalities.
In addition to its beautiful beaches, Tamarac, FL boasts plenty of green space and outdoor activities.
What is Tamarac, FL Known For?
Tamarac, FL is known for its diverse culture and many outdoor offerings. It is best known for being the site of the National Civil Rights Museum.
For those who want a cultural and historical experience, try the National Civil Rights Museum. History and science fans can check out the nearby Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse which is known for its Fresnel lens, unique to lighthouses of the time.
Art lovers who have children will appreciate the Young at Art Museum, an interactive museum geared toward kids and families.
If sports are more your speed, try a round of golf at the semi-public Woodmont Country Club that boasts two 18-hole courses.
Nature lovers can enjoy a visit to Fern Forest Nature Center or Butterfly World.
Living in Tamarac, FL also gives you the opportunity to explore the waterways on boats, gondolas and other watercraft.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Tamarac, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Tamarac, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse, an outpost of a Brazilian steakhouse chain offering skewered meats carved tableside, plus a salad bar
- Orange Tree Breakfast & Lunch, long-running, no-frills, cash-only diner offering hearty, homestyle breakfasts, burgers & sandwiches
- Rotelli Pizza & Pasta, an Italian restaurant chain for casual eats including classic pizzas, specialty pasta & sandwiches
- Mannino’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria for authentic Italian pizza
- Kate’s Restaurant, a colorful, casual cafe serving smoothies & Haitian/Caribbean plates like oxtail stew & jerk chicken
- Ferro Pizza & Restaurant, this low-key Italian joint offers made-to-order pizzas, subs & pastas in a casual setting
- Milano Italian Grill, a casual shopping center outpost for Italian favorites like pizza, pasta, salads & sandwiches
- At’s a Pizza, a casual pizza shop serving NY-style pies, garlic rolls & wings for dine-in, takeout & delivery
- Thai Curry Restaurant, for varied Thai fare, plus some Japanese dishes & sushi, in a comfortable room with wall hangings
- Chow Time Grill & Buffet, an unpretentious buffet restaurant with a variety of Asian dishes amid stone accents & marine decor
To learn more about purchasing a home in Tamarac, FL, check out the median home price and inventory, or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.