Fast Facts About Parkland, FL
Population (2020): 34,670
- Coconut Creek, FL: 16 min
- North Lauderdale, FL: 20 min
- Margate, FL: 13 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $66,454
- Household: $159,692
County: Broward County
Type of location: suburban city
Why is Parkland, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Parkland, FL allows residents to experience a rural lifestyle while being minutes from several beaches. At just 12.8 miles this cozy and quaint suburb is tucked away in northern Broward County away from the hustle and bustle of the bigger cities but still close enough to partake in all the activities those cities offer. In fact it is so remote that there were no traffic lights or retail establishments until the mid-1990s.
It is home to excellent schools and is very family-friendly. The homes tend to be older with mature landscaping and are larger than homes in neighboring communities.
The special zoning of Parkland allows a city full of park-like spaces, lakes and waterways.
If you crave more excitement, you don’t need to leave Parkland, FL – there are a number of restaurants and a thriving craft brewery scene.
What is Parkland, FL Known For?
Living in Parkland, FL puts you in the heart of an outdoor oasis.
Known for its golf courses as well as open spaces, Parkland is perfect for sports and outdoors enthusiasts.
There is also ample shopping in several strip malls and establishments nearby such as Town Center and Mizner Park in Boca Raton or the Walk of Coral Springs.
If art is your passion, while living in Parkland, FL you can experience the Coral Springs Museum of Art just 10 minutes south of Parkland.
Parkland, FL also has the best Farmers’ Market in Broward County. It’s the biggest of its kind and welcomes visitors from all over Florida.
Finally, Parkland, FL is just a short 10 minute drive to the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek and all the fun it offers.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Parkland, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Parkland, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Smokey Bones Boca Raton, smokehouse & barbecue dishes fill out the menu of this easygoing bar & grill chain
- Malbec Grill, for a creative steakhouse menu influenced by Argentinian & Latin American cuisine
- Bluefin Sushi at Parkland, a modern establishment serving up sushi & other Japanese specialties plus innovative Thai cuisine
- Los Bocados, a restaurant for build-your-own & signature tacos & other Mexican dishes, plus homemade sauces
- First Catch Seafood & Grill, to experience our diverse seafood menu
- Blue Agave, for authentic Mexican cuisine
- Pizza Time Caffe, New York & Sicilian pizzas, plus pastas & classic meat dishes, served amid colorful Italian murals
- MOD Pizza, a counter-serve, industrial-chic chain restaurant known for build-your-own pizzas
- Di Pizza Restaurant & Bar, for authentic Brazilian dishes
- Sushiato, a Japanese restaurant known for its sushi dishes
To learn more about purchasing a home in Parkland, FL, check out the median home price and inventory, or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.