Fast Facts About Margate, FL
Population (2020): 58,712
- Coconut Creek, FL: 8 min
- North Lauderdale, FL: 9 min
- Pompano Beach, FL: 13 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $27,144
- Household: $46,460
County: Broward County
Type of location: city
Why is Margate, FL a Nice Place to Live?
The suburban feel and central location makes living in Margate, FL perfect for every kind of taste. Living in Margate, FL puts you just 7.5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and minutes away from the beaches making it an outdoor lover’s paradise.
Margate, FL is also home to 19 parks and recreational centers making it great for families or individuals who want to regularly indulge in nature. If you want to experience animals in nature, the Tradewinds Park and Stables is 600 acres of horses and pastures. Or visit the nearby Butterfly World in Coconut Creek.
Living in Margate, FL makes everyone’s experience exemplary, regardless of age or interests. Kids of all ages will enjoy Calypso Cove, Margate, FL’s own waterpark. Sports enthusiasts will appreciate the golf courses The Carolina Golf Club and the Oriole Golf and Tennis Club. History buffs will enjoy touring the Stranahan House, which is the oldest surviving house in Broward County. You can also explore the Stonewall National Museum and Archives for the largest repositories for the LGBTQ community.
What is Margate, FL Known For?
Margate, FL is so named because of the founder’s last name and it is considered a gateway to Broward County and all the area has to offer.
Margate, FL is known for its affordability – living in Margate, FL is a great way to experience beach life in an economical fashion, making it perfect for retirees or families on a budget.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Margate, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Margate, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Pasta And…, a cozy Italian eatery featuring assorted housemade pastas & traditional dishes in casual surrounds
- Swirl Wine Bistro, a high-end bistro serving fusion-inspired Caribbean, European & American food as well as craft beers & wine
- The Gem Eatery, a casual American style eatery
- La Bamba Mexican Spanish Restaurant II, for an extensive selection of Pan-Latin dishes plus various margaritas served in festive surrounds
- Vo An Vietnamese Restaurant, serving traditional Pho & other Vietnamese dishes
- Sr. Ceviche Margate, for authentic Peruvian cuisine
- Rooster’s Restaurant, a veteran bar & grill for local craft brews, Buffalo wings & other hearty pub fare
- Jasmine Thai & Sushi, for a wide menu of familiar Thai dishes & sushi items offered in a casual, contemporary space
- El Balcon de las Americas Latin Food – Margate, part of an area chain featuring Colombian-Latin food in a comfortable dining room
- Toasted Cafe, for breakfast and brunch options
To learn more about purchasing a home in Margate, FL, check out the median home price and inventory, or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.