Fast Facts About Lighthouse Point, FL
Population (2020): 10,370
- Oakland Park, FL: 23 min
- Margate, FL: 23 min
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: 30 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $42,100
- Household: $76,001
County: Broward County
Type of location: suburb
Why is Lighthouse Point, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Lighthouse Point, FL, a suburb of Fort Lauderdale, puts you in close proximity to Hillsboro Beach, Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach. There are homes available for every budget and many homes have water and direct boat access. It’s a quiet, safe laid-back town that is perfect for families or retirees.
With Miami being just 40 miles away, you are always close to the big city hustle and bustle should you ever want to venture away from the beach.
The great weather and natural beauty of the beaches makes Lighthouse Point, FL the perfect place for sand, sun and fun.
What is Lighthouse Point, FL Known For?
Lighthouse Point, FL is known for the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse which was built in 1907. It is also known for the Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Center perfect for fishing enthusiasts.
Living in Lighthouse Point, FL is excellent for those interested in boating and yachting. The Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, built in the 1960s, is a staple for on-water entertainment. The Lighthouse Point Marina is home to 100 wet slips, dock house, rec rooms, swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Lighthouse Point, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Lighthouse Point, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Le Bistro, an intimate bistro in a strip mall offering classic French fare & a big wine list plus cooking classes
- Bonefish Mac’s Sports Grille, for seafood, burgers & subs in a relaxed sports-centric eatery adorned with kitschy fishing decor
- Cap’s Place, a quick boat ride away, this landmark off of Lighthouse Point offers seafood & a speakeasy ambiance
- Papa Hughie’s Seafood World, a strip mall eatery & seafood market prepares carefully sourced catch in natural digs dating to 1976
- Pampa Gaucho Steakhouse, offers all you can eat meat at this casual Brazilian steakhouse with a salad bar & wines
- The Nauti Dawg Marina Cafe, American bites doled out in a laid back cafe with an island vibe & occasional live music
- Red Fox Diner, open for breakfast and lunch and the option of dining in a covered patio
- Papa’s Raw Bar, a convivial seafood joint dishing up the day’s catch, plus oysters, sushi & an ample beer menu
- Sicilian Oven, a casual pizzeria serving wood-fired pies & other Sicilian fare, plus wines
- Fish Shack, snug & modest yet upbeat roadside stop offering fried seafood & raw bar options amid nautical decor
To learn more about purchasing a home in Lighthouse Point, FL, check out the median home price and inventory or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.