Fast Facts About Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL
Population (2020): 6,175
- Coconut Creek, FL: 29 min
- Lauderdale Lakes, FL: 25 min
- Margate, FL: 22 mins
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $38,231
- Household: $69,860
County: Broward County
Type of location: town
Why is Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL allows you to enjoy suburban living with close proximity to big city life. As a small beach town, residents can embrace the quiet and peacefulness of the beach. As a neighboring town to bigger cities like Fort Lauderdale, you’ll be able to experience all the nightlife, shopping, dining and culture with just a short 25 minute drive.
The city is highly amenable to exploring all it has to offer. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL has high walkability as well as public transportation called the Pelican Hopper bus.
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL has its own nightlife if you want to avoid the big city. Every Friday from November to May the city throws a large block party with free music.
What is Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL Known For?
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL is known as “Florida’s Beach Diving Capital” – living in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL gives you easy access to the reefs that are just 100 yards off the coastline. Divers can also enjoy exploring the 1900 SS Copenhagen shipwreck which is the most-visited Underwater Archaeological Preserve in Florida.
If deep-sea boating or fishing is more your taste, you can do both at Anglins Pier.
Whether you are just relaxing on the beach or partaking in the outdoor recreational activities, living in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL gives you something for everyone.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Blue Moon Fish Co., foodies flock to thai upmarket fish house with a romantic vibe, outdoor deck & Sunday buffet brunch
- Billy Jack’s Shack, for classic American fare in an eclectic setting with high top tables, brunch & happy hour specials
- Aruba Beach Cafe, a casual choice offering ocean views, Caribbean-American dishes, tropical drinks & regular live music
- Frenchy’s Table, guests can order a la carte seafood or fixed-price menus at this eatery with snazzy sealife decor
- Mulligan’s Beach House, a colorful diner with a tiki-hut motif and faux palms serving casual American fare, steaks & seafood
- 101 Ocean, for seafood platters, a pizza counter & weekend DJs in a lively, beachside space with an open-air bar
- Even Keel Fish Shack, for fresh seafood and a bar
- Village Grille, a lively hangout serving all-day American chow plus sushi in relaxed digs with oceanfront setting
- Vinnie’s, a busy, modern eatery offering Neapolitan-style pizza, a raw bar & cocktails, plus regular live music
- Kaluz Restaurant, serving steak and seafood with brunch options and a bar
To learn more about purchasing a home in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL, check out the median home price and, or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.