Fast Facts About Hillsboro Beach
Population (2020): 1,959
- Lighthouse Point, FL: 15 min
- Pompano Beach, FL: 14 min
- Boca Raton, FL: 23 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $40,856
- Household: $69,766
County: Broward County
Type of location: town
Why is Hillsboro Beach, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Hillsboro Beach, FL gives you the opportunity to explore an urban feel with lots of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops to choose from in a residential neighborhood. Most residents own their own homes and schools are above average, making it a great place for families. It is a very small and peaceful town rich in the natural beauty of the beach and oceans.
Nature lovers will appreciate Hillsboro Beach, FL’s many parks. There is also a centrally-located marina with boats available for charter to experience deep water fishing trips.
What is Hillsboro Beach, FL Known For?
Situated on a narrow peninsula between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean, Hillsboro Beach, FL has unbeatable ocean and beach access. It is also home to the historic Hillsboro Lighthouse, one of the tallest and most well-lit lighthouses on the eastern coast.
Living in Hillsboro Beach, FL gives you the tranquility of beach life. There are 50 family residences, only one hotel for visitors and there are no commercial properties in the area. The only road through town gives you views of large estate homes and beachside condos.
Living in Hillsboro Beach, FL gives you an intimate exposure to rare wildlife – it is also known as being the destination for a high concentration of sea turtle nests.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Hillsboro Beach, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Hillsboro Beach, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- The Cove Waterfront Restaurant and Tiki Bar, a lively destination offering seafood classics & cocktails, plus waterfront views
- JB’s on the Beach, a vibrant restaurant joining ocean views, a seafood-focused menu & frequent live entertainment
- The Nauti Dawg Marina Cafe, for American bites doled out in a laid-back cafe with an island vibe & occasional live music
- The Whale’s Rib, seafood & “whale” fries are hot items at this bustling beach cafe/bar with old-time Florida flavor
- Cap’s Place, a quick boat ride away, this landmark off Lighthouse Point offers seafood & a speakeasy ambiance
- Flanigan’s Seafood Bar & Grill, American eats & seafood are served at this local chain restaurant & sports bar with plenty of TVs
- Casa Maya Grille, mole headlines this Yucatan-focused Mexican eatery in a laid-back setting with a spacious patio
- Oceans 234, a bustling bistro joining innovative takes on classic seafood dishes with sunset views & sea breezes
- Patio Bar & Grill, a beachfront restaurant & bar offering American cuisine & seafood at Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
- Patrizia’s of NYC, for authentic Italian cuisine
To learn more about purchasing a home in Hillsboro Beach, FL, check out the median home price and inventory, or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.