Population (2020): 27,226
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: 20 min
- Hollywood, FL: 36 min
- Miami, FL: 58 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $42,234
- Household: $73,818
County: Broward County
Type of location: neighborhood
Why is Galt Ocean Mile, FL a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Galt Ocean Mile, FL puts you in the center of an upscale Fort Lauderdale neighborhood. Most residents own their own homes and the community has a dense urban feel. With a number of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and parks, living in Galt Ocean Mile, FL is perfect for retirees and good for families.
Situated between Fort Lauderdale Beach to the south and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea to the north, Galt Ocean Mile is touted for its easy access to the best beaches in the area. Galt Ocean Mile, FL is also centrally located to Miami, Palm Beach, Pompano Beach and Hollywood.
Whether a seasonal home or your primary residence, living in Galt Ocean Mile is like living in an ocean paradise.
What is Galt Ocean Mile, FL Known For?
Established in 1926, Galt Ocean Mile, FL has flourished into a bustling urban community. Located between Commercial and Oakland Park Boulevard, Galt Ocean Mile is home to luxury high-rise condominiums as well as convenient amenities like a post office, restaurants, bars, shopping center and medical office. All the high-rise condos have an unbeatable ocean view. There are also 26 different condo associations ranging in price and style, so there is truly something for everyone.
If you’re a resident or just visiting, Galt Ocean Mile, FL is best known for its incredible beaches and the Intracoastal waterway. Here you can sun, swim, partake in water sports or just relax while enjoying the diverse culture in the area.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Galt Ocean Mile, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Galt Ocean Mile, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Roberta Pizza & Pasta, for authentic Italian fare
- Casa Calabria, a casual option with modern flair & outdoor seating for Southern Italian dishes, wine & cocktails
- Oceans Grille, a breezy hangout featuring a seafood-heavy menu of bar food, cocktails & breakfast, plus patio dining
- Greek Islands Taverna, a homey, family-owned Greek eatery offering outdoor dining in a convivial setting
- Cafe Vico Restaurant Ocean, serving authentic Italian dishes
- NY Deli,deli-style eats in a relaxed atmosphere
- The Etna Rosso Ristorante, a causal restaurant featuring Southern Italian cuisine including house-made pasta, seafood & more
- PX Grill Mediterranean Cuisine, a Mediterranean restaurant in an upscale setting
- Sushi Song, for sushi, sashimi & cooked Japanese dishes, plus sake & wine, served in a chic lounge environment
- Da Vinci’s Pizzeria & Restaurant, a family-run kitchen offering Italian standards & thin-crust pizza in a straightforward setting