Fast Facts About Coconut Creek, FL
Population (2020): 57,833
- Margate, FL: 5 min
- Pompano Beach, FL: 15 min
- North Lauderdale, FL: 18 min
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $35,151
- Household: $65,578
County: Broward County
Type of location: city
Why is Coconut Creek, FL a Nice Place to Live?
As a suburb of Fort Lauderdale, living in Coconut Creek, FL gives you all the benefits of the big city while living in the suburbs. It’s a great place for families and retirees alike and offers a variety of housing options.
But you don’t have to travel to Fort Lauderdale to experience dining, entertainment, shopping and more – Coconut Creek, FL has something for everyone. As a well-planned city, you’ll never have to go far to experience a slice of Coconut Creek life.
Its natural beauty is preserved by the environmentally friendly mindset of the residents. Living in Coconut Creek, FL means you can enjoy all nature has to offer while also partaking of the delights of Fort Lauderdale proper.
What is Coconut Creek, FL Known For?
Coconut Creek, FL is known as one of the “Best Cities to Live in America” by Money Magazine and one of the Top Ten places to live by Movoto and NerdWallet.
Its nickname is “Butterfly Capital of the World” as it is home to the world’s largest butterfly aviary with over 80 species and 5,000 butterflies.
Coconut Creek, FL has many diverse attractions including the Holiday Fantasy of Lights, the Omni Auditorium, and the Township Center for Performing Arts. The city’s main street is home to the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek and the Coconut Creek Promenade, offering hours of entertainment and shopping respectively.
Living in Coconut Creek, FL gives you a rich cultural experience while putting you in the middle of an international commercial, resort and retirement hub.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Coconut Creek, FL?
Some of the restaurants in Coconut Creek, FL with the highest Google ratings include:
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant, for classic American cuisine in an upscale setting
- Truli Italian Food & Drink, for authentic Italian food
- Ethos Greek Bistro, Greek small plates & entrees are offered in a sleek, modern space with indoor & outdoor seating
- The Fish Joint, for a variety of seafood dishes
- Bar Louie – Coconut Creek, an upbeat grill chain with American grub, martinis & microbrews, plus happy-hour deals
- NYY Steak (Seminole Casino Coconut Creek), this fine-dining eatery serving steaks & seafood boasts an understated New York Yankees theme
- Sette Mezzo Ristorante, for authentic Italian dishes
- Naked Taco, for authentic Mexican fare in an eclectic atmosphere
- Papamigos Coconut Creek, serving tacos, tequila and sushi with live music
- Mama Maria’s Pizza, for authentic Italian pizza
To learn more about purchasing a home in Coconut Creek, FL, check out the median home price and inventory, or call me at (561) 220-5015 to get immediate help.